For adults with disabilities (För vuxna med funktionsnedsättning)

Svensk version av sidan

This is an information about what Habilitering & Hälsa (Habilitation & Health) can help you with. You may need help with several things or just one. Your needs may change during different periods of life. The text is in written in an easy to read language (lättläst).

About habilitation

Habilitering & Hälsa provides support and assistance to adults with a disability. It can be autism, acquired brain damage, intellectual disability, mobility impairment, deafness or deafblindness.

The habilitation clinics work to make it easier in your everyday life. You will recieve help in order to handle things yourself, both at home and in society, as much as possible.

You can apply for habilitation yourself. A doctor or a psychologist can send us a referral with information about your needs.

When we have received your application or a referral, you will receive an invitation to a meeting at one of our habilitation clinics (habiliteringscenter).

Habilitation services are free of charge.

Here is what you can get help with

The habilitation clinics can help with various things. Together with you, we will agree on what help you will get. Habilitering & Hälsa works with these areas:

  • knowledge of disability
  • a functioning everyday life
  • health and lifestyle habits
  • motor skills and mobility
  • breathing and swallowing
  • pain and sensory impressions
  • language and communication
  • relationships and socialising with others
  • community support
  • problematic behaviours
  • school, work and employment
  • support for relatives.

We cooperate with others in healthcare services and the municipality if necessary.

Habilitering & Hälsa can not prescribe medicines. We know who and where you can contact for help if you need it.

This is how we provide support

You can meet us or recieve support in different ways. It could be:

  • in courses or groups with others
  • at our habilitation clinics
  • at your home
  • via telephone calls or video calls.

Support for relatives

We can provide support to your parents and siblings if they need it to cope with the situation. We can also provide support to your children.

Confidentiality and medical records

The staff at our habilitation clinics have a duty of confidentiality. This means that we are not allowed to talk to anybody else about you or your disability, unless you give your consent to do so.

All care you receive must be documented in your childs medical records. You can read your medical record, journal,  at ( or ask to have it printed out by us.


If you do not speak Swedish, you can have an interpreter present when you meet us. Please inform the person you are going to meet at the habilitation clinic if you need it.

Tell us what you think

If you are not satisfied with our services, we would like you to tell us. You can also help us to improve.